Home Schooling

State regulation requires that the Home Schooling Notification Form  must be submitted at least 14 days prior to starting home schooling for administrative purposes. The form should be completed and returned to the Superintendent's Office, 9 Widger Road, Marblehead, MA.

Home Schooling Q&A
I don't want to "test" my child. What other proof can I give the Superintendent?

At the end of the school year, the Superintendent will request to see some form of testing or results in the form of a portfolio. The portfolio should contain an example of work in each
subject area from the beginning of the year as well as one from the end of the year. The goal is
to acknowledge that there has been improvement over the course of the year. The district strives
to make certain that all home-schooled children meet the state's guidelines. A copy of the state's
frameworks can be found at: http://www.doe.mass.edu/frameworks/current.html.

Can my child participate in any school curricular or extra-curricular activities?

Participation in curricular or extra-curricular activities will be permitted with the
Superintendent's permission. Authorization to participate will depend on the availability of
space after Marblehead Public School students have enrolled. We ask that you please contact us
in the 3rd week of September to check availability.

Translate this website

English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish
© 2018 Marblehead Public Schools